by Jessica Hristov
The Food & Wine Classic at the Swan and Dolphin will kick off its 13th year this November on the 11th and 12th. There will be incredible food and drinks prepared by award-winning chefs, some of which you’ll be able to meet! The highly anticipated event is held on the Causeway (between the two hotels) at the Swan and Dolphin. You do not have to be a guest of either resort to attend, but you will have to purchase a ticket.
This year’s themes for the Food & Wine Classic will include The Beer Garden, Hang Ten, The Pig & The Poke, Carnival Corner, and Chinatown.
- The Beer Garden – Bavarian Warm Pretzel with German Mustard and Large Beer Sauce, Crispy Buffalo Wings, and Crispy Cauliflower with Sweet & Spicy Thai Chili Sauce.
- Hang Ten – Hearts of Palm Ceviche (thinly shaved fresh hearts of palm, citrus, bell pepper, fresh jalapeño pepper, and Bermuda onion).
- The Pig and The Poke – Plate Lunch Huli Huli Chicken with Steamed White Rice, and Macaroni Salad, and Tuna Bowl Hawaiian Yellowfin Tuna, Koho Rice, Avocado Relish, and Crispy Wontons.
- Carnival Corner – Vegetarian Macaroni & Cheese, Cotton Candy, and a Grilled Sausage Sandwich, Peppers, Onions, and Italian Red-Hot Peppers.
- Chinatown – Pan Seared Vegan Dumpling and Spicy Sauce, and Shu Mein, which consists of Shanghai Noodle, Braised Tofu, Shiitake Mushroom, Bamboo, Ginko Nuts, and Vegan Broth
As I mentioned earlier, you do not need to be a guest of the Swan and Dolphin to get tickets. However, if you would like to stay there – discounts may still be available! If you are looking to purchase Event Only tickets, they are $165 per person. This includes unlimited tastings on the Causeway, and the Beer Garden!
In previous years, a la carte tickets were available for the Food & Wine Classic. However, that is not the case this year. You may also purchase a Beverage Seminar ticket for $75 per person and/or a Pasta Making Ticket for $95 per person. It is important to note that all seminars require separate tickets and space is limited.
The Food & Wine Classic will offer guests unlimited tastings at 25 food stations. Many of these stations will include culinary selections from the award-winning restaurants at the hotel! The menu lineup will feature new dishes and returning favorites. This will also include a sneak peek at the resort’s newest restaurant Rosa Mexicano, opening sometime in 2023. There will also be more than 100 beverages including beer, wine, and sake from countries all over the world! The event takes place November 11-12 and will be held from 5:30pm to 9:00pm each day.
If you are interested in learning more and would like to purchase tickets, you can visit their website here.
Images by Food & Wine Classic
In addition to sampling the most delicious food and enjoying the finest beverages from around the world, there is also live entertainment! It is the perfect way to spend a fun November weekend. The Food & Wine Classic is a hidden gem on Disney Property and everyone that loves good food should go and try it at least once!
Have you ever attended the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic? What was your favorite dish?
The Orlando Real is sponsored by The Pozek Group. If you’re thinking of buying or selling a home in Orlando, reach out and we would love to help!