Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is back, and it is better than ever! The Halloween Party returned following a nearly three year long hiatus due to the pandemic. Mickey, Minnie, and all their friends are dressed in their Halloween best and are ready to bring you a “spook-tacular” night! Here is what to expect if you want to attend this year’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
View this years MNSSHP Map here!
Food & Treats
There are a lot of great Halloween themed food and treats. This includes many that you can only find at this year’s Halloween party! Don’t forget that in addition to all this food, you also can grab a complimentary bag and visit select Trick-or-Treat spots to get all the candy you want!
Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
- Not-So-Poison-Apple Pie Milkshake – an apple pie milkshake with green apple whipped cream, a sour apple marshmallow straw, cinnamon donuts, and a poison apple straw.
The Friar’s Nook
- Hades Hot Dog – a spicy beef and pork hot dog with Hades’ relish, pickles, and house made violet mustard.
- Un Poco Loco Tots – Chorizo sausage, green onion, and Hades’ cheese sauce.
Golden Oak Outpost
- Spellbinding Fried Pie – buffalo chicken, mozzarella, and blue cheese wrapped in flaky, fried dough and topped with a candy eye and jalapeno ranch aioli.
Ice Cream Cart (near Haunted Mansion)
- Chilling Chamber Pop – chocolate crumbs, cherry buttercream, and dark chocolate pearls topped with a Haunted Mansion tightrope walker piece
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
- Monster Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich – a big sugar cookie with sprinkles and sugar eyes filled with vanilla ice cream.
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café
- Sweet Almond Corn Cake – almond vanilla cake with candy corns and white, orange, and yellow chocolate drizzled on top
Popcorn Cart (near Cinderella Castle)
- Mexican Spiced Hot COCO Brownie – spiced chocolate brownie with a dark chocolate ganache and topped with a chocolate Miguel piece
Sleepy Hollow Refreshments
- Grave Digger Milkshake – coconut and matcha flavored soft serve topped with whipped cream, Gravedigger shovel, and a chocolate gravestone
- Worms and Dirt Funnel Cake – funnel cake topped with chocolate ice cream, chocolate cookie crumbs, gummy worms, and a Billy chocolate piece.
Sunshine Tree Terrace
- Jack-O-Lantern Float – Citrus swirl with Fanta Orange soda, brown sugar whipped cream, and Graham Cracker crumble.
Most rides stay open throughout the Halloween Party and some of them even have Halloween-themed overlays! Pirates of the Caribbean has a fun Halloween overlay where the pirates come to life and are played by real people instead of animatronics! The Mad Tea Party is treated to special lighting, fog, and spooky music to go with the ride. Travel over to Tomorrowland for another special overlay at The Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor. Instead of the usual sharing of jokes, during the party you can teach the monsters all about Halloween. However, the best overlay of all is at Space Mountain! Throughout the ride, all of the lights are off and spooky Halloween music plays as you travel through space.
There are lots of characters that come out for the Halloween party, many of them are usually not out and about at the parks for meet and greets! Some of the characters that you will be able to see are the Country Bears in Frontierland, Madame Renatta at the Haunted Mansion, and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, the Mad Hatter and Alice in front of the Mad Tea Party. You can also see Stitch dressed as Elvis, dance with George Sanderson and Sully from Monster’s Inc at the Tomorrowland Dance Party, and meet with Jasmine, Genie, and Jafar in Adventureland. You can meet with Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, and Piglet in their adorable Halloween costumes, meet Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas on Main Street and even meet Mickey and Minnie in their Halloween costumes!
Image by Walt Disney World
If you want to see more rare characters and villains, you must go see the shows and parades! There are a ton of great and unique entertainment options at the party such as:
Image by Walt Disney World
Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular
The spooky fireworks show for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. The fireworks are hosted by Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas and they include lots of special effects, spooky lighting, projections of ghosts, spiderwebs, etc. and fireworks!
Boo To You Parade
This fun parade is offered twice each party night (9:15pm and 11:15pm). One of the biggest draws to this parade is that 15 minutes before the parade starts, you can see Max Goof dressed up as Powerline on Main Street USA! Once the parade starts, the Headless Horseman makes his way down the parade route. There are a ton of characters in this parade! You can see the grave digging ghosts from the Haunted Mansion, Tinkerbell, the Queen of Hearts, Oogie Boogie, Cruella DeVille, the hyenas from The Lion King, Wreck it Ralph, Vanellope, Mickey and Friends, Hitchhiking Ghosts, and many, many more!
Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular
The fun, spooky stage show takes place three times per party night in front of Cinderella Castle (8:35pm, 10:45pm, and midnight). The Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus call upon other Disney villains to help them create Hocus Pocus Party Potion. You can expect to see characters such as Oogie Boogie, Dr. Facilier, Maleficent, and more.
There is a Disney Junior themed dance party that takes place over in Storybook Circus and is perfect for the little ones in your party! It’s a cute, Halloween party where your kids will get to dance with some of their favorite Disney Junior Characters. There is also another dance party over in Tomorrowland where you can dance with some characters from Monster’s Inc.
This is a really fun party and should not be missed! The party runs select nights from August 12, 2022, to October 31, 2022. You’ll get to go trick-or-treating, meet some rare and unique characters, experience some fun ride overlays, and since it is a special ticketed event, the wait times for your favorite rides are significantly shorter! As the title suggests, it’s not so scary, so everyone in the family can enjoy it!
Are you attending Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party this year?
If you’re looking for some other events to fill your calendar this season, check out some of our favorite fall activities in Orlando!
The Orlando Real is sponsored by The Pozek Group. If you’re thinking of buying or selling a home in Orlando, reach out and we would love to help!